The Combo J7+ is another step for iRobot in diversifying its product offerings as the first with hybrid functionality of a robot vacuum and mop. This article amed to introduce the Comparison between Roomba Combo J7+ and Roomba J7+.
iRobot finally acquiesced and released hybrid option with mopping and vacuuming functions, but its design is unique.
One significant deciding factor between these robots is the mopping feature.
iRobot introduced with the Roomba Combo J7+. Instead of using a fixed pad behind the brush roll, iRobot designers utilized retractable arms to hold the bracket, similar to a front-loading garbage truck.
There are apparent pluses with this design, including its ability for the pad to avoid carpets totally, unlike the pad lift feature, where it still touches the surface.
Besides the mopping function, the Roomba Combo J7+ retains the other features of the previous J7+ variant, like the low-profile base station and obstacle avoidance.
I put these robots through a grueling series of cleaning tests on various debris types such as sand, coffee grounds, pet litter, oats, and quinoa.
You could see how the airflow uptick affected cleaning performance. The Roomba Combo J7+ had slightly higher averages, reflecting the increased airflow. It’s not much, but a welcome sight, especially for consumers looking to use this on carpets.
Only the Roomba Combo J7+ has the mopping feature, its most significant upgrade over the previous J7 model.
It relies on a retractable pad to engage or retract it when needed. It has a retractable mechanism relocating the pad from the top to the base. The two arms moving the mopping bracket look like a dump truck lugging the large container from the front towards the top.
Which Roomba is the Better Option?
Given the price variance between these Roomba products, the cost will be a huge factor. But the real question is, are the upgrades worth the premium?
The Roomba Combo J7+ isn’t a massive upgrade or refresh but adds a mopping element previously missing in iRobot products.
So you’ll have to decide if the mopping feature and its benefits are enough to warrant consideration.
Reasons to Choose the Roomba Combo J7+
- Versatile option: The Roomba Combo J7 is the first Roomba with hybrid functionality (vacuuming and mopping), making it iRobot’s most versatile product.
- More airflow: A slight uptick in airflow results in better cleaning performance, especially on carpets.
- Efficient navigation: This model completed the two-pass efficiency run in just over 18 minutes – much better than the J7+.
Reasons to Choose the Roomba J7+
- Cheaper option: With the Combo J7’s release, the J7+ suddenly becomes the less expensive alternative.
- Top-notched obstacle avoidance: Both options will avoid objects like stretched wires and pet feces at an exceptional level.
- Above-average deep cleaning: Despite the low airflow, the J7+ picked up an above-average percentage in deep cleaning experiments.
Want to know how to clean your Roomba? Tap the article link ⏮︎⏮︎⏮︎⏮︎⏮︎⏮︎
techTongBo (also named: Nanjing TongBo / NJTB) is a Chinese company specializing in the manufacture and sales of vacuum cleaner accessories. We offer replacement accessories for the global market that are compatible with mainstream vacuum cleaner brands and have stronger price advantages.